YUM! Who’s ready for dessert? Well I have an amazing recipe that you may not want to share with the kids Check out my Fried Plantains Recipe with Rum Infused Whipped Cream! Simple to make and a quick dessert for any sweet tooth!
- (2) Ripe Plantains – My rule….the uglier it looks, the sweeter the plantain
- Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Rum
- 2 Tsp. Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Cut Plantains into 1/4 inch circles or slices 1/4 thick.
2. Place 1 inch layer oil in frying pan and heat over medium heat.
3. When oil is hot, gently place your plantains in oil and fry over medium low heat. Turn occasionally until golden brown. Remove from heat.
4. In large ziploc bag or tupperware container, add cinnamon and sugar and mix well. Add your fried plantains and shake to coat. Remove excess.
5. In medium mixing bowl, beat your heavy cream for about 3-5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Add rum and confectioners sugar. Beat until just mixed. Do NOT over mix or you’ll get clumpy whipped cream. Plop your whipped cream on top of your fried bananas for an amazing homemade dessert in minutes! Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Ok, who’s ready to eat?
***For those with kids, you can easily leave out the coconut rum and substitute a tsp. of vanilla extract
Did you enjoy this dish? Let me know in the comments below! Need more simple family recipe ideas? Check out my recipe tab for more inspiration!